Monday 19 November 2012

Final Refection on Learning


It has been a quick semester and yet we have all come a long way. Since our first day in class, with the unique introduction session I knew this course was different and had much more to offer in comparison to other courses. There is so much learnt from this course – be it essentials of making good presentations, leading a team, making decisions, making elevator pitches or even facing stone-faced interviewers. With all the constructive criticism at every stage, encouragement and suggestions I know this module has been an enriching experience for us. Each activity in this course was so different, yet possessed the same goal, of self-awareness, improving confidence and organizing content.

The presentations along the module not only helped me improve my presentation style, but also improved my confidence. Before ES2007S, I usually rushed through my presentations, not focusing much on the visuals and sticking to the content. I would stammer a lot and never had much control over the content. This course has exposed me to variety of presentations and presenting skills to adapt from. Incorporation of these in our final OP enhanced our presentation. We let the slides complement our speech rather than let it speak for us. This course has taught me how to focus the entire presentation on oneself and the importance of getting a good grip over the content.

The mock interviews and elevator pitch were an enriching experience. As a student I is very important to able to give a good interview, starting from writing a good and readable resume and cover letter to finally making the mark on the interview.  This course taught me to not only structure my resume and cover letter well but also to present confidently and clearly. The elevator pitch was a first time experience. It helped me learn to be quick on my feet and how to effectively communicate the idea in almost no time.  

Each activity in this module came along with teamwork. This not only helped me build good relations with my classmates, but also taught me to work well in a culturally diverse group. It taught me to take criticism in the right spirit and also give constructive feedback.

Thank you all for a great semester of fun and learning, especially Brad. Thank you for bringing out the best in us and motivating us throughout!  Everything in this module from the fun elements to the learning bits is unparalleled and something we’ll cherish for long! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Shweta, for this comprehensive overview. I appreciate the way you've responded in detail to various aspects of the course. It also warms my heart to hear that you found so much learning through the experience.
    It would have been better, of course, if you had had a chance to post this earlier so your classmates could have read and responded, but I understand how busy students can become at this time.

    In any case, I really appreciate the huge effort you made this term. All the best for the next leg of your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brad,

      Thank you for all the encouragement and for being patient with us throughout and helping us improve so much within a term!
      I apologize for the delay in submission, was caught up in some other work.

      Once again, thank you! I had a lot of fun in this module with so many memories to treasure! :D

      Delete