Sunday 16 September 2012

Cover Letter



Reference number: 1414
Karin Steiger (HRCS 85) Campus Recruiting Singapore Tel. +65 6433 3137
Dear Mr. Steiger,



15th Sept. ‘12

I am a second year undergraduate student at The National University of Singapore (NUS), majoring in Computer Engineering. Your advertisement on the online portal prompted me to contact you about internship opportunities in the Information Technology division at Credit Suisse. This program at your company is very appealing and I am particularly keen on interning as a Technology Analyst in the period from May-Nov.

My proficiency in computer languages like C, C++, and Java meet the job requirements and provide me with a good base to quickly understand and adapt to the systems specific to Credit Suisse. I believe my ability to analyze and learn quickly would enable me to add value to the position.

In addition to the skills I've obtained from my education, my experience as a technical services intern last summer has provided me with an excellent background in the practical aspects of computer engineering. If given the chance, I would love to work and improve on my skills further.
During these two years at NUS, I have taken on many additional responsibilities. As you will see in my attached resume, I’m engaged in various extra curricular activities. I am the Director of Special Program Department, Electrical and Computer Engineering Club and part of the SoC Leadership Program. These leadership roles, have boosted my organizational, communicational and interpersonal skills.
My ability to think outside the box and passion for my subject of Computer Engineering would allow me to contribute to Credit Suisse. I hope that you will consider my enclosed résumé, which provides full details of my qualification. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,
Shweta Sharma
email: shweta*******                                                                    
HP: 9030****


4 comments:

  1. Hi Shweta,

    We are Johanna, Jae, and Wei Song. We have read your cover letter and felt impressed because it provides a good outline of experiences and technical skills, which are suitable for the respective job.

    Hope you can get this position! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shweta,

    Your cover letter was quite good. However, you could improve a bit by elaborating on your inter personal skills. But I think you should include a heading stating the position for which you are applying. Other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hasan,

      Thanks for pointing out the areas of improvement, will add the relevant details to the letter!

      Thanks!

      Delete